Re: Tri-Tix glue advice re: Yes glue

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 17:44:44 PST

I have never been able to find "Yes" glue - I can find the spot on the shelf where it goes, but Michael's and Hobby Lobby never seem to have it in stock. Wal-Mart hasn't even heard of it! *L* I have discovered that watering down Elmer's glue (blue label!!!!) is very nice to work with - just paint it on with a paint brush. The black label Elmer's is about worthless as far as I'm concerned. I haven't used glue sticks since I spent hours during my student teaching semester making examples, only to have all the stuff fall off the first day I brought them out to use the following school year. I think we all tend to get abit biased by our good and bad experiences! :-)
~Michal
    is this "YES" glue in lieu of regular white glue? I hate regular
    white glue, so what I do (since I have gallons from previous art teacher, still
    after 5 years!!!) is pour out the regular white glue into containers with lids
    (small deli containers work great!) and leave the lids off. I might leave them
    out over the weekend. What happens is that the water evaporates leaving it
    to the consistancy of tacky glue...which I love! Also, I use glue sticks for
    all paper gluing...my favorite is Prang purple glue sticks....but I am
    currently suffering with Ross brand glue sticks...ugh!!!
  Yes, Yes, Yes! It's Yes all the way. Once you try this, you'll be really stuck on it...(oh, that was bad). I still use Elmers for many things because it's inexpensive and does the job. I also only used to use Prang purple sticks, my favorite glue stick brand, but Yes is much better than those. I know several professional artists who use Yes for their collages. It's also great for mounting work.
  Susan on Long Island
  ---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---