Re: showing famous artworks without prints?

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 09:14:05 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Sidnie Miller <sidmill@nsn.k12.nv.us>
>.... Why pay
> $350 for slide projectors when you can pay $3000 for a LED screen that has
> bad color!.....
**************************

I guess I'm the resident old fogy of the group...or is that old fart?
Anyway....I'm still likin' the actual prints to show so what I do is take my
book art down to the local Kinko's and make bigger (blow-up) prints of them
so kids have a "hands-on" 11x17" or so print to see. Obviously not the
perfect print but way better than having to lug out the computer,
power-point projector, other miscellaneous machinery to get the idea across.
It's low-tech and easy to carry around, and kids can see it up close and
personal. I can also make a cabinet display with these prints and they can
stay up for weeks which you can't do with your "machinery". Each "print"
that I make at Kinko's is about $1.85. I've done many transparencies this
way too. There's something to say for actually having it in your hands
(tactile) so to speak.

Calendars are terrific and I've gotten many ideas from unusual
ones...BUT...you're limited to what's available and don't get much in the
way of choices. Give me Kinko's every time. Toodles......Bunki

---