Re: How can I show famous artworks without prints?

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 19:05:15 PST

Judi Morgan wrote:

> If you haven't been able to scrounge the "high tech" methods for showing
> art work by January, go to the calendar stores or Barnes and Noble, etc.
> Calendars are usually marked way down and you can get nice sized
> reproductions really inexpensively that way.

Friends save me their used art calendars as well. I left behind a great
collection when I moved to Tucson.

I'm a pretty low-tech person and have no idea what other people were
talking about in other replies to Krista's question. I still use slides
(have my own projector), but have supplemented them with transparencies
on the OHP, made with my year old color printer, which is pretty
high-tech for me. When I want to display the transparencies on the
wall, I just slip them in a plastic sleeve with a piece of white paper
behind it. They're not great but they'll do 'til I can build up a new
poster collection. You can probably find a good used slide projector
somewhere for a reasonable amount; everyone's switchin' to those
new-fangled thangs.

Maggie

---