Peeling Paint Problem

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 17:30:08 PST

Hello Everyone,
This isn't an art ed question but I thought I would send it out to all you wise souls. I did an oil painting a year ago and the outer layer of paint is starting to chip and peel off. When I did the painting I painted the background a dark blue and used oil paint thinned down with linseed oil but it wasn't so thinned that it was a wash. I didn't like the look of the dark so I went over it with a heavy white oil paint. Well the white paint is peeling off of the blue paint. If anyone can tell be what I did wrong I would really appreciate the info. The painting wasn't my favorite so it is no great loss but I want to avoid it happening again.

Thanks and Blessings,
JoeGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

---