How can I show famous artworks without prints?

---------

From: Krista Ranly (krista_art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 16:59:15 PST

I am a second year teacher, and while I have purchased some art
reproductions, I am having a difficult time finding reproductions of many of
the artworks I would like to use in my teaching. I am curious what everyone
would recommend for showing famous artworks? A slide projector? Enlarging
pictures from books (which I'm afraid would still be rather small). I would
love to use a LCD machine, but that's way out of my budget, and my school
does not own one. Is there any other way to hook my computer up to my
projection screen to use powerpoint presentations? Also, I know that some
teachers use a TV converter and connect it to their computer, but I do not
have access to a television.

Thanks!
Krista Ranly
Toledo, OH