Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on getty.edu! GettyGames

Re: Tri-Tix glue advice

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 19:28:45 PST


In a message dated 11/06/2003 3:16:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sidmill@nsn.k12.nv.us writes:
My opinion is that Tri Tix is awful--it doesn't really stick very well
and it's full of ammonia which you shouldn't breathe--at least I guess
it's ammonia. When I had a small room full of people using it, we all
felt like we were being poisoned. It's supposed to be non-toxic, but I
think it's just that ammonia is still allowed by the govt. in cleaning
products etc., but plenty toxic in my opinion! Sid
Mmmm...very interesting....I never connected the odor to ammonia. Non-toxic
I thought means that if it is ingested it is not poisonous- in other words not
fatal. Prehaps I'm wrong. Anyway, the kids call Tri-tex "the stinky glue".
I love it for collage work because, like rubber cement, any extra glue rubs
right off when dry. I have the kids use their pinky finger to put it on, not a
brush. I've always found it to be permanent, yet repositional until dry.

My very favorite glue, however, is YES glue. It is truly fabulous- no
wrinkles and sticks as well as Elmers.
Susan on Long Island

---