Re: Wallpaper, cool projects for middle school

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 20:19:40 PST

Colette:
Today I started a watercolor monotype with my 35 8th graders. Since I
don't want to hear "what do I do?" I gave them random 2 inch squares from
upholstery samples and had them incorporate that into a design of their
chosing. One kid used a big, bushy-looking flower as a squirrel's tail.
Maybe you could do that?
I've also had kids use wallpaper as a sorta lost-and-found surface for
painting. Gesso most of the surface of the wallpaper sample, thinning it
out in spots so you can see the original design. Paint on the gesso
surface, again incorporating design.
Otherwise, collage--and I guess altered books?

 Do any of you have any
>cool projects for middle school students?

Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---