Re: Attention getters and discipline ideas ( Baldridge)

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 13:20:32 PST

Robin, in Bal-dridge, the students are "stakeholders" like everyone
else. Mission Statements are part of Baldr-idge. If the class has a
mission statement that includes a positive learning environment, the
rules would reflect that. The kids do not make the rules- they support
the rules, and give input.and the "data" will show what rules are
effective, etc. The Parents are also stakeholders. In Baldri-ge, you
have input, through surveys, or other feedback avenues for input, which
is then translated into data. The major thing about Bald-ridge is the
High Expectation Objectives, and everything relates to those and
supports the goals and HEO"s of the school For the regular classroom,
the kids keep data folders ( in our school) to chart/graph their
progress. They are responsible for doing this. Everything is on paper,
recorded, so the kids know where they are. This is a brief overview.-
and just my take on it. I have my stuff at school about this= I have
never been able to find much on the web about it, and we have been doing
it for three years. If you look, search under Ma-lcom Bal--dridge
Cri-iteria,or similar.
It is school being run like a business. (Remember the "blueberry"
story?) Our school is now in to the St-ude-nt succ-ess proc-ess, which
is isn't leaving much time for Baldri-dge.( chuckle) Sorry about the
hyphens-ignore those. If you need more info, feel free to email me off
line.
Betsy

Artattack1N@aol.com wrote:

> Evidently the Baldridge Award was the business model that has been
> adapted

---