Re: Cameras for photo class

---------

From: John Scott (jscott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 15:36:51 PST

All my students have to provide their own SLR and have it with them when
they walk in for the first day of the course. Students who can't afford them
always have a way of finding them... relatives (grandparents, aunts/uncles).
I even had a student last year who borrowed a camera that the boss from his
after-school job owned. I have one loaner camera for times when theirs are
out being repaired (and we're coming up to a critical deadline). But it
seems like they should be able to provide their own!

My question is - how do you all handle developing/printing costs? For a $25
fee (plus matching funds from the district), the school provides chemicals
for developing film and prints, and the students provide their own film and
paper.

---