Re: Cameras for photo class

---------

From: Peggy Woolsey (eoolspeg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 16:00:20 PST

I have alot of trouble with the SLR cameras. I had hoped to go fully
digital, but my administration said no, and the kids really do love the
darkroom stuff. My classes are so large now that I can barely get
through the semester giving them each a little taste of darkroom
techniques. The cameras are cheap and break easily; also I think the
kids are too hard on them. I have no solution, but continue to muddle
along with cameras in the shop all the time. Some kids bring their own.
Peggy
On Tuesday, November 4, 2003, at 05:13 PM, Jane Altshuler wrote:

> Our photo teacher keeps ordering cameras and the kids keep breaking
> them.
> She says the advance thing breaks and it costs as much to fix it as to
> replace the camera. I think we should either buy cameras that won't
> break, charge the kids for fixing them, or have the kids bring their
> own
> cameras. What do you all do? SLR cameras should not be considered
> disposable, right?
>
> Jane
>

> ---
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu