New Art Rooms

---------

From: Peggy Wilson (pwilson1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 12:57:31 PST

We are in the process of planning to build a new middle school. The plans call for 2 art rooms with connecting office, kiln room, and storage room. Each room is about 1,000 sq.ft. I am looking for ideas as to what should be included for storage units in the rooms itself, sinks (how many, what type, how to best arrange), cabinets, counter tops, display material, furniture, etc. I would really appreciate any input as to the best features that are in your art rooms or what you desire. The architects are open to all suggestions. Presently, I am the only teacher and I will be retired when this school opens, so what do you recommend. Should each be designed about the same or should 1 be designated for 2D & 1 for 3D?
Thanks for any input that you can share!!!

Peggy (in very cold Maine today)
pwilson1@maine.rr.com

---