Re: Plaster sealer

---------

From: Jamie Ross Fallon (artbyjamie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 10:31:14 PST

Teresa,
Oil based white house-paint from the hardware store is great for sealing
plaster- don't use latex paint.
1st step: Strain paint with pantyhose to get rid of any debris & to insure a
slick glass-like finish.
2nd step: Make sure you apply in thin coats, use 2 coats. Dry thoroughly in
between coats. Good Luck!
                    Jamie

>From: "Teresa Sheffey" <Tsheffey@episd.org>
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
>Subject: Plaster sealer
>Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:53:07 -0700
>
>I am wondering if any of you could tell me the best sealer to use on
>plaster of paris? A friend of mine just purchased a fountain and it is made
>of plaster of paris. The hardware store gave them a sealer that is used for
>brick but we are wondering if that is the best thing to use.
>Thanks in advance,
>Teresa of El Paso
>
>---

Send a QuickGreet with MSN Messenger