Re: Jewelry ideas needed for Gloria FROM GLORIA,part 2

---------

From: C Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 03:49:24 PST

One piece of jewelry that would work for your needs is the puzzle
piece-button brooch.
Use a piece of heavy cardboard for a base, make it round or square about 2".
Find old puzzles and choose out pieces in a color theme-greens and blues, or
all shades of a color, etc.
Start gluing puzzle pieces to the base and overlap and extend past the base
to make an interesting arrangement. Tacky glue works well.
Beg, borrow or steal a collection of old buttons. Or get the button bucket
available in catalogues.
Choose out some buttons that will work well with your puzzle base and glue
them on.
I have seen very effective pieces with black-white-red buttons theme. And
some hodge-podge pieces by kids that had no plan worked just as well!
The kids liked making these, and from what I can tell, the moms liked
wearing them.

Good luck~!

Cathy

---