Re: Marbles as glaze (different idea)

---------

From: j&f grochowski (jgrochowski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 21:18:44 PST

Re: Marbles as glaze (different idea)Patty,
    This guy's work blows me away-how fortunate for your students that he is an acquaintance of yours and they have been exposed to him-and now us, as well. I am going to share his site with our staff and most especially my principal who is a former math teacher-thanks for sharing! Syntax is incredible!
Jude
  That artist is Steve Tobin.
  He lives not far from me and has spoken to my classes many times. He amazes me with his ability to adapt and redefine his intentions. He is never satisfied with what is comfortable. The last time I saw him he was experimenting with "blowing up clay infused with his blown glass" (check the Exploded clay)

  But when I went to his sight to find an example I was so taken with his latest piece. "Syntax"
  http://www.stevetobin.com/syntax.html
> SYNTAX was made by welding cast bronze letters and numbers

---