RE: shoepolish on bisqueware

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 04:54:54 PST

I have the kids do this with watered down acrylic. They paint it on, then rub off with wet paper towels. If you wait too long, the paint dries, so be careful. Once, I had them paint some areas to look like turquoise before we covered the entire area with watery black paint.

I've also had the kids do this with two layers - black, then gold. The cheap stuff from WalMart - we were making small pyramids with hieroglyphics and symbols on the sides (5th grade).

IMHO it beats shoepolish hands down.

Jan