re: Marbles as glaze

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 03:30:08 PST

Thank you to who ever mentioned putting a marble in a bowl. this is the
hottest thing going in my Advanced class. they are getting "pools" that
suggest gold fish ponds in the bottom of the bowl. We are thinking of
making it a specific unit. AND (the big AND) I think it turned some light
bulbs on as to how hot the firing process is.

We have sitting on a storage shelf a glass slumping kiln. That was what
the previous teacher called it. It looks like what they called an
enameling kiln in the olden days. Any suggestions on what I should do with
it? I could take a digital image and send it to any one who wishes to be
like the History detectives on Public Broadcasting! Randy in cold Maine

---