RE: narrative Work

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 18:33:01 PST

Narrative art ..is anything that tells a part of a story..either from myths and legends or the artist's personal life,right? With that in mind...wouldn't say..the paintings at Lascaux be narrative? Or some of the gorgeous hindu and japanese art and art from other cultures fit into that,too? Could turn into a nice series of lessons of say...storytelling around the world...something even the wee ones could grok i am thinking...then have them create their own narratives based on their favorite fairy tale or most memorable moment from their own lives perhaps?
I love how this list never fails to make me go hmmmmmmm :)
Wishing all a wonder filled eve
~Samantha

---