Great Kansas Art Ed Conference

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 15:18:11 PST

I just returned from a great Kansas Art Educators Conference
in Salina. KAEA always does a good job on these two day fall
conferences. Congratulations to the Salina folks and everyone
who helped out. Next year will be in Hutchinson. I don't know if
I'll attend in 2004 since I'll be living in New Mexico by then.

I presented two (double session) workshops. One on tessellations
and one on collograph printmaking. I had 11 teachers at each and
they seemed to get excited about what we were doing. I did
the double sessions so we would really be able to finish what we
started. I also sold all 20 of the CD's I took to Salina. Now I
need to burn more for mail orders.

It's a shame more Art teachers from the Kansas City area don't
take the time to go to conferences like this. The rural folks are so
spread out that they need to meet with other like minded souls.
So many good folks are out there and the big city teachers are
missing out on a lot. KAEA/NAEA membership is over 320 now.
That sounds small but it's a real boost for Kansas. I need to check
into who's in charge out in New Mexico. I heard their membership
is around 100. If anyone from New Mexico wants to contact me,
please do. I need some contacts.

                                                Keep the Passion for Art, Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons