Re: Pennies and glass marbles as glazing techniques

---------

From: sculpi (sculpi_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 12:57:18 PST

Hi Karen
I don't have experience with glass marbles but have found something that
works very well for me.
In Australia the recycling companies have made a product from old glass
bottles that is used in landscaping. All of the sharp bits are gone and it
is safe to handle. It is multiple colours all in one though if that's a
problem
Anyway, I put this in the bottom or well away from the sides (so it doesn't
run down to the shelf) and fire it with glazed pieces at normal glaze temps.
(low fire) It adheres well and gives a nice watery look to things.
It is easy and fun to add a few sprinkles on pieces

Leila

http://www.artists-in-residence.com/waywardwombat/

My Photo Album---
http://community.webshots.com/user/sculpi1