Re: prompts/Japanese food

---------

From: kcaraway (kcaraway_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 00:15:27 PST

Dave Barry mentioned the "fake food district" in his book "Dave Does Japan".
It's a hoot, of course.

I'm also planning a tea ceremony lesson this year, with my high schoolers.
Hope all goes well. Besides making tea bowls, we will make a banner-type
mural with calming scenery, and a calligraphy wall hanging. We will learn
about the actual tea ceremony, but I'm planning to use it partly as a way
for us to calm down and relax toward the end of the year when everyone gets
"cranky". Students can just hang out on the floor, and no one is allowed to
worry about being behind with schoolwork on tea day, just enjoy the relaxing
benefits of tea. (Now wouldn't a PIE ceremony be nice???)

Karla

---