AZ art educ -Genie

---------

emb15_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 18:19:56 PST

Hello!
I saw in your post about programs that you attended grad school at the UofA. Were the classes you took specifically art ed? I grew up in Tucson and am wondering if you know what the current state of art ed is in the state. I attended TUSD schools from 1980-1990 and we had no art ed at the elemetary level. We had one art teacher at my high school (Rincon) but I think the program was pretty limited from what I've heard about schools in other states. Sometimes my friends/family ask me if I'm ever going to come back but I don't think I can if the demand for art teachers is as low as it was in TUSD in the 80s. Any info you can share would be appreciated.
-Ellen