cognitive benefits of visual arts ed.

---------

From: jmw (wellj44_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 07:44:43 PST

Help. It seems like just last year I was whining about wanting smaller
classes, and now this year I'm seeing exactly that. (You know, be
careful what you wish for, etc.) State university scholarship
humanities requirements are weakening, "honors courses" requirements for
graduation are rising, and in our lower grades the powers that be are
planning to replace art enrichment classes with studies skills. Can
anyone refer me to websites with statistics which will convince
non-humanities administrators of the value of visual arts classes? I
shall be most grateful. I can talk until I'm blue in the face, but
published statistics might get their attention. Thanks in advance, J.

---