poinsettias

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 20:20:29 PST

i like the poinsettia drawing idea - would also work with real poinsettias in a variety of colors as models for students to study, draw/paint. they're pretty cheap in my neck of the woods and NOT poisonous, btw.

check out this link with lesson ideas: http://www.watersedgepress.com/teachersguide.htm

another one with lots of info: http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/poinsettia/

wendy

ps other holiday plants would be fun to include in drawing/painting projects, too - christmas cactus, amaryllis, holly, pine boughs/cones, mistletoe...