Re: ideas for perspective?

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 09:24:26 PST

There was something I was going to try that my colleague did. It was
called fantasy chessboard. You drew out a chessboard in one point
perspective, planning out all the squares carefully. Then on the board
they are to place objects in connection with a theme (ecological,
political, etc. something you can start a discussion about) in proper
perspective placement. It was an idea found in Davis' Exploring Visual
Design. Hope that helps.
Michele

Mbhirst@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone have a good "project" to use as the culmination of a one
> and two point perspective unit in Art I (high school)? I am watching
> a colleague bore his classes to death with exercise after exercise,
> boxes after boxes, letters and more letters. I think the kids need to
> apply the concepts to a fun and cool looking finished product, just
> not sure what it should be. Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Marcia in IL
> ---