Re: plaster of paris

---------

tracy.conley_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 08:04:42 PST

That would look very cool, with the hand facing out. Yes, sometimes they do
have more patience. Especially when you call on the quiet patient ones, ha
ha. Thanks. I love your idea.
Tracy

From: kavita ghai <kavitaghai2002@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:56:15 +0000 (GMT)
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Subject: Re: plaster of paris

tracy,hi

imade the negativ in clay the positive in plaster but this is not posible if
you don't have clay,i'll surely let u know if something else comes to my
mind,

but one thing i'm sure of ,its easier to deal with kindergarten kids they
can surely be asked to be patient ,than the others.so all the best.

kavita

tracy.conley@attbi.com wrote:
Kavita,
So you used clay and Plaster?My only problem is the school does not have
clay, we are limited.
I was going to buy the plaster-they will reimburse me. I am not sure what to
put the plaster in-pie tins or what? who to poor the plaster quick enough
that it doesn't harden before I get to everyone. I ended up finding out with
the 7th graders I had to make up small batches of the plaster. This took a
long time but it was the only way it worked. I am not sure how patient the
kindergarteners will be. Sometimes they surprise me though.
Thanks
Tracy