Re: Decreasing Arts Enrollment

---------

From: carolyn roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 19:39:53 PST

Yes...we are, but it's due to the new graduation requirements that leave
less room for electives. So now we are getting MORE Art 1 students and less
advanced students.

Also...we know that our counselors do NOT encourage students to take the
advanced classes in art...in fact, they discourage them from doing it. They
encourage them to take more classes that they say will help them to get into
better colleges/universities.
Carolyn
North Carolina