Holiday Art vs. Craft

---------

From: LEO DAVINCE (ytsirk_uno_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 19:27:18 PST

We see it all the time, those of us that are still
allowed to do ......don't say this too loud because it
could offend someone.....CHRISTMAS ART that is really
some sort of no brainer CRAFT. I have a hard time
with producting Christmas Santas, trees, angels etc.
that all end up looking the same and have no real art
education being developed. Where is the use of design
elements, creativity and communication of ideas. Does
anyone have any creative ideas that get away the CRAFT
(CRAPT) and bring things back into the world of real
Art Education for the season of Christmas.