Re: Photography

---------

From: Joe Applebaum (Joe.Applebaum_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 09:09:30 PST

When I was hired 14 years age where I teach now, I changed the photo
(semester) course from Industrial Arts to Fine Arts. I have added two
more advanced semesters of the class. I think it would depend on how
interested the IA teacher is in teaching photo. (the guy I replaced used
the Kodak videos to teach the class, he didn't seem to really care about
giving up the class) I believe that it should be in the fine arts, but I
would hate to see that cost someone his job. (The person I replaced moved
to the middle school, again he didn't seem to mind.) If your school would
allow you to team teach that would be great. If not, I would push for a
photo 2 class taught in the art department (actually, I would push for
this anyway.) Then everyone could be happy. Since you are near Columbus,
I would try to contact Thad Richter (Sp?) at Hilliard - Davidson (?) He
has a really good program going there. (He's also one of the head honchos
at the Governor's Show) I also can offer advice if you need anything -
just email me.

Good luck
Joe

---