Re: Plaster

---------

LMiller435_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 06:37:46 PST

In a message dated 11/28/2002 5:58:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wduncan@kc.rr.com writes:

> Woody added:
> In my only ceramics class, 40 years ago, the instructor taught us
> a little ditty to remember how much plaster to mix with how much water.
> "a pint to a pound a world around" to my metric friends out there
> it just means equal amounts of water to plaster. It works !!

The way I learned was:

Pile up the plaster in a bucket. Sort of with a cone or mountain tip in the
middle. Add water without stirring until just the tip of the cone showed.
Then mix.
If measured I'll bet it's about equal.

Leslie in Framingham, MA

---