Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: <no subject>

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 02:58:04 PST

Excellent idea, we will try this with our triplet grandkids.

Linda Knight wrote:
> So a good alternative, especially with kindies, is to use buckets of
> damp sand for them to dig their hands in -
> mix up the plaster and pour it into all the sand moulds in one go.
> Once the plaster is set you can take them out and you have some
> wonderfully textured versions of hands.

Woody added:
        In my only ceramics class, 40 years ago, the instructor taught us
a little ditty to remember how much plaster to mix with how much water.
"a pint to a pound a world around" to my metric friends out there
it just means equal amounts of water to plaster. It works !!
                                                                        Woody in KC

28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15
This one soars: