Re: <no subject>

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 02:58:04 PST

Excellent idea, we will try this with our triplet grandkids.

Linda Knight wrote:
> So a good alternative, especially with kindies, is to use buckets of
> damp sand for them to dig their hands in -
> mix up the plaster and pour it into all the sand moulds in one go.
> Once the plaster is set you can take them out and you have some
> wonderfully textured versions of hands.

Woody added:
        In my only ceramics class, 40 years ago, the instructor taught us
a little ditty to remember how much plaster to mix with how much water.
"a pint to a pound a world around" to my metric friends out there
it just means equal amounts of water to plaster. It works !!
                                                                        Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15