Photography

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 14:37:07 PST

> Dear listers, I was wondering how many of you have a photography class in HS
> and whether it is considered and Art class or an Industrial technology class?

When photography was first "invented," the debate raged what is it ?
science? technology? art? I often contend that the reason so many women
got into photo, right from the start, is because there was no label. Nobody
said what it was or who cold do it. Seems the debate still continues.

because
Photography was born perfect. it is science, it is technology, it is art
And what a perfect opportunity to integrate all the disciplines.

Melanie,
your plan sounds great. Incorporate and work with the tech teacher. And
think about including English (for photojournalism) And the physics teacher
( for the study of light)

I love teaching photo and it was born perfect.

good luck with your pursuit and feel free to ask me questions

Patty

---