Re: Management systems

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 12:34:15 PST

> I am an art ods student. Thank you for your patience! I need feedback
> on several management issues.(Elemantary)

> 1.Keeping track of displaying and storing student artwork in various
> stages.
I have 18x24" tagboard that I fold in 1/2 and tape on one side to make a
portfolio. All artwork both in process as well as finished goes in the
portfolio. These I store in my classroom on a bookshelf by class. When I was
on a cart I asked classroom teachers to store them for me. For displaying,
well..... any blank wall will do! I mat each artwork on colored paper and
write the student's name and grade code on the mat (grade 4, code A for
Anderson).

> 2.Student use of materials and keeping the artroom clean.

I have tubs on the tables - each table is color coded. At the blue table
there are 2 blue tubs. In each blue tub there are 3 blue handled scissors, 3
blue pencils, 1 blue pencil sharpener. There are also 3 sharpies, 1 large
eraser, 3 rulers, crayons, and markers. Before a class is dismissed the
students check their tubs to make sure they are in proper order. Only takes
a second for them to check. If the project is messy then I allow extra
clean-up time and am very specific on what students need to do for clean-up.

> 3.Grading.
Rubrics for everything!

Good luck! :-)
~Michal