RE: Youth art

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 12:29:38 PST

Found this at one of their web links:

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant
Mission Statement

PapaInk, the Children's Art Archive, is a 501c3 non-profit dedicated to
the art of youth. The organization was born out of three fundamental
insights:

First, the vigorous and open-eyed quality of children's creative acts
gives these acts a redemptive role complementary to other positive forms
of human expression;

Second, works by young artists are a vital yet largely unrecognized part
of the cultural and historical record;

Third, a non-profit archival body committed to the aesthetic
presentation and professional preservation of worldwide children's art
holdings can play a pivotal role in raising the social, historical and
aesthetic value of young people's creative acts.

Following from these insights, PapaInk was founded to exhibit the works
of young people and archive the historical and contemporary children's
art holdings of wide-ranging organizations and individuals. We recognize
and work to support the dynamic relationship between children's creative
endeavors and the organizations who enable them and whose mission and
scope of activity impacts the well-being of children. By highlighting
the meaning and socio-historical importance of children's art as well as
the efforts of supporting institutions, PapaInk seeks to strengthen the
reciprocity between organizations' children's art commitments and the
value and potency of young people's work.

PapaInk maintains an open digital archive as well as a physical archive.
Our digital archive brings together the widest possible sampling of
children's art holdings from non-profits, schools, and businesses as
well as artists, educators and collectors. Through open online access,
we seek to grow the world audience for young artists' works, and thereby
reinject the creative spirit of youth into the human experience. Our
physical archive complements our digital holdings by reinforcing the
historical and cultural significance of children's art through
meaning-based collections and scholarly access.

The PapaInk archives constitute a platform for the expressions, ideas
and experiences of youth. At the same time, they form a meaningful
context where a world audience engages with these expressions, and where
disparate individuals and groups meet on the common ground opened up by
children's art. By taking seriously the art of youth, PapaInk aims to
establish and sustain a world community in which children's creativity
flourishes, and the well-being of children themselves is assured.

PapaInk, Inc. is a nonprofit 501c3 tax-exempt organization incorporated
in the State of Connecticut, USA.

---