Fwd: Search for Visual Arts Coordinator

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 19:33:43 PST

Hi!

I am passing this along in case you know anyone who might be interested. I can say from personal experience its a great opportunity!

:) Wendy Free
 Note: forwarded message attached.

attached mail follows:

To All:

We have reopened the search for a Visual Arts Coordinator. Please help pass the word to anyone you feel may qualify for the position.

This is a permanent full time position ( 40 hours a week) with the City of Gainesville ( a very good employer!) on a professional level. The position is responsible for creating and coordinating art exhibits at the Thomas Center Galleries (14 or so per year in two spaces), including hanging, promoting and ancillary events (like lectures, workshops, etc.), and for managing the percent for art program (Art in Public Places). The APP rarely has more than one or two projects each year.
Minimum qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a four year degree in the visual arts, arts administration or comparable discipline and four years experience in the field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Salary begins at $34,695.58. Deadline for applications is the 22nd of December. Applications may be had through Tanya Kell at Human Resources, City of Gainesville, 352 334-5707, or on-line at www.cityofgainesville.org.

I am looking for a creative, self-starter who can make things happen on a small budget. The TC Gallery shows the work of mid-career regional artists. This is a great position for someone to create traveling exhibits and make a name for themselves.

Thank you for any assistance you can give us.

Coni Gesualdi
Cultural Affairs Manager
City of Gainesville
Station 30/ PO Box 490