RE: Christmas in Florida...

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 16:06:55 PST

Every Christmas, we would start calling relatives in Canada about 8 a.m.
our time (10 a.m. their time). My sister and I were so jealous of our
cousins' stories of sledding and skiing that we started to tell some
Texas Tall Tales. We had them believing we were basking at the beach on
Christmas afternoon. But then we also had them believing that we rode
horses to school, had oil wells in the back yard, and that type of
thing. The only tales they didn't believe were the buffalo in the
pasture next to the school (I swear it is true ask anyone who went to
Memorial Drive Elementary (SBISD) before the late 70's when the land
next door was sold), and riding in the grand opening of the Houston
Livestock Show and Rodeo (Dad's company had a wagon in the opening and
they always jammed it full of employees kids)

Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert