rockin' and a rollin'

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 14:54:03 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
>From: Sid Miller <sidmill@nsn.k12.nv.us>
> So, speaking of BS, Bunki, are you getting rocked and rolled around with the
> earthquakes in your area?? Sid
*************

Yep...the BS is pretty shaky over this way. The epicenter is about 8 miles
from here where they just discovered yesterday a NEW fault that is separate
from the Calaveras Fault which runs under our freeway on this side of the
East Bay. About 6 medium-sized "rolls" so far in the past two days all
averaging between 2.5 and 3.5 on the Richter Scale. Nothing earth-shattering
but enough to make you sit up and take notice.

You know...in all these years teaching, I've never experienced an earthquake
in my classroom. I've always been in my home (one time in the carwash with
the mops swingin' this way and that...the BIG ONE in 1989). I wonder if I'd
even NOTICE it in my classroom with all the commotion of everyday life.
Toodles...Bunki

---