RE: Milan

---------

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_golombek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 15:15:01 PST

Larry,
they were monolithic , dull and boring. Whether it was deliberately
designed to make the people feel small in relationship to the state I'm
unsure. Yet when viewed in the context of a beautiful cathedral, the 2nd
or
3rd largest in the world, they do appear to be depressing. If it's an
official architectural style or not I'm unsure and should have been
aware
that some people's sensitivities could be aroused by that description.
As I'm writing you I am in the Buffalo Convention Center at the New York
State Computers and Technology in Education conference. This building is
done in a  boring style that allows the steel beams to show and
discourage
participants from hanging around.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Dennis

Dennis Golombek
Lowry Middle School
North Tonawanda, NY

>From: "Lawrence A. Parker"
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk"
>Subject: RE: Milan
>Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:06:50 -0500
>
>Now, come on, Dennis, that doesn't really answer the question, does it?
>

>---

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*. ---