Teaching to Proficiencies (use buzz words)

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 11:11:57 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
Krista Ranly wrote:
My principal's evaluation was wonderful, but he wants me to focus on
creating my lessons so that they'll assist with preparting my students for
the 4th and 6th grade proficiencies.
********************

I agree with Sandy. You're surely preparing your students for proficiencies
as you do your lessons....but....maybe you should start looking around for
the proper "buzz words" to sprinkle into your vocabulary. Things like:

critical thinking/logical outcomes
critiquing
interpretation
assessment
analytical problem solving
cross-curriculum
concrete/abstract

...are you getting my drift? Big words tend to impress those administrators
who are looking for just those special words. We keep doing basically the
same projects but the words tend to change every 4 years or so. (I'm sure
the rest of you are grinning at this point and noddin' your heads).

Can others add to this list? I'm SURE I've left out some of the best
"goodies". Toodles....Bunki

---