Re: Is This Good Enough?

---------

From: linda (lindwood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 19:18:39 PST

Larry, I totally agree with you about the work ethic/results because of
work ethic philosophy. Very well said. My grade categories for elementary
are:

Develops Ideas Thoughtfully (content, detail, imagination, creative
effort, care taken with work)

Applies Effort to Technique (To what degree does the student try to use
new techniques introduced in a lesson.)

Behavior

I feel that these categories address the same issues that you spoke
of...elementary kids should not be graded on talent, but should be
rewarded for thinking, effort, risk taking, inventiveness, and attention
paid to trying new techniques introduced.

---