Mark Kistler

---------

From: BALSLEY DIANE M. (D.BALSLEY_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 07:06:29 PST

We just had a day of assemblies (elementary school) with PBS cartoonist, Mark Kistler. What a fun day! It was the talk of the students, families, and teachers for the week following. I really loved it when some of the teachers who previously thought there was little value in this before the assemblies, were comparing their drawings and commenting on how good they were. I especially liked the way Mark incorporated terms like foreshortening, horizon line, light source and shading, etc. I thought it was worthwhile. I hope we can get him again in the future.

---