Need suggestions for degree

---------

From: brenda robson (bruthrobson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 19:13:21 PST

I have an associates degree from an Art Institute here in Dallas. The
year after I attended, they became accredited. That was 1983. I worked
in advertising and started a family. Now I am in my 3rd year of teaching
art in a private school. I work very hard but am not compensated too
well. That may just be private schools. I see beginning public school
salaries in my city in the mid 30s and think how can I get to that point?
I have researched many programs but it all comes down to pretty much
having to start again. I am 40 and think it is probably too late to go
back and do algebra, foreign language, etc. Does anyone know of an adult
degree program for someone in my shoes.
I don't want to brag but I have an outstanding portfolio and my students
do fantastic work, it just isn't reflected in my paycheck.

---