Re: Brag, brag, brag

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 13:19:06 PST

Brag away, I love reading stuff like this. Congratulations. After my MFA I
went back for my teachers cert because of a gifted high school kid I knew
whose high school art teacher did absolutely nothing to help him get in
college. He had never heard of a portfolio, and portfolio day at the (nearby)
University was never mentioned by his teacher (I asked other kids too). She
was too busy to go to the college with him and his mom (I went). When he
didn't get in I went home and cried. Being a resourceful and determined kid,
he got in elsewhere and did fine.

So it makes me really happy to hear stories like yours. I'm glad you're out
there.
Enjoy your Masters program

---