Re: Compensation for being Board Certified

---------

From: carolyn roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 13:21:09 PST

I teach in NC and I have ALWAYS had to pay my sub for personal days and
field trips...and now I have to pay my sub if I take a day for a workshop..
unless it is one that the principal suggests that I attend. Then they pay
for that.
We also pay for bus drivers for the activity bus and fuel.
And I, too, feel lucky to have a job.

Right now, NC is still paying the fee for NBC and the 12% increase in pay
when you pass...but with the problems with the NC budget this year, I'm
wondering how long that will last. That's why I'm trying for it this year..
at least they've paid the fee. And I'm doing it for "me", as well as the
increase in pay (which does affect my retirement amount)...have to think
about the future!
Carolyn

we'll have to pay for our subs for personal days or if we go on a field trip
 IF we go on a field trip, we have to find and pay the busdriver, cover our
subs, and pay 91 cents per mile for gas.
This art teacher feels lucky to still have a job.

IMSTP.gif