Re: Compensation for being Board Certified

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 12:57:40 PST

> Right now it varies by state.

That's what concerns me about my desire to start the process next year. My state 0 Oklahoma- is so financially busted it would be my luck to go through it all (a time or two!) then get nothing for it.

We were told this week that we'll no longer be paid for extra duty, we'll have to pay for our subs for personal days or if we go on a field trip. IF we go on a field trip, we have to find and pay the busdriver, cover our subs, and pay 91 cents per mile for gas. And all administrators and staff (including janitors) have to take a one day a month
furlough.

This art teacher feels lucky to still have a job.

---