Re: Thanks for the advice on ratios

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 10:26:41 PST

Thanks Dennis for the Modigliani site. It's a great resource. The sculpture
examples offer a great opportunity for a subtractive sculpture. I'm
thinking pouring a block of plaster in a half gallon milk carton and cutting
away. I'd like to go bigger. Any ideas?
Patty

Thanks all for the plaster to vermiculite ratios. When I sent the request
out I was unaware of the discussion going on about the safety of
vermiculite. I hope I didn't confuse the issue. My plans are for my Studio
in Art students to pay a great deal of attention to the Modigliani
sculptures currently on exhibit here in Buffalo
(http://www.whoismodi.com).It's a great exhibit and would recomend it to
everyone. Of course coming here to Buffalo in Dec. and January would provide
the extra benefit of experiencing our winter.

Thanks again!

Dennis

Dennis Golombek
Lowry Middle School