FW: RE: Brag, brag, brag

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 09:04:35 PST

Michele,

All kinds of KUDOS!! Very excellent! You must be so proud of your
students and excited about going back to school yourself.

If I may add to your brag our own, we have been encouraging a friend of
our son's who attends the public school here in his artwork. This is a
young man who's mother and father are divorced. His mother has been in
prison for drug use and, for the most part, has little interest or time
to give to this young man. On top of it, his father is of the type that
he hits his son every morning (or used to) so that he would know what to
expect when he went out into the world.

Well, this young man came over a week or so ago smiling from one ear to
the other. He sent some of his "superhero" drawings to a popular
cartoon show (I think it's called "Gundham Wing" or something like
that). They like them so much that they're going to work his designs
into the show and are talking about purchasing more and possibly paying
for his college! Previously, he was going to try to get into college on
a football scholarship; one good crunch to his hands and he'd be
finished.

So, we're really proud of him!

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant