Spitting

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 06:14:56 PST

With the thread going on "spitting", I asked my tutoring student, who is
a 25 yo male and who "spits" when we go outside on his porch to have a
cigarette break, what he knew/thought about spitting in young males.

His answer was almost immediate - chewing tobacco. We all know that
"chewers" will spit to get rid of the tobacco juice and saliva in their
mouths. This "habit" carries over to general spitting even if they're
not "chewing". More interesting, he said that today a lot of kids
"chew" as a way of getting their nicotine while in school w/o having to
smoke a cigarette. So you might check your habitual "spitters" to see
if they are in fact using a tobacco product during school hours...?

Lar

---