Re: National Board of Professional Teaching Standards

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 14:54:51 PST

We tried to get our school board to offer incentitives to get nationally
certified but they aren't interested in even reimbursing part of the costs,
let alone allowing any release time to work on anything. You'd think they'd
be jumping thru hoops trying to get their teachers to do this.........
~Michal

> sorry to hear that you didn't pass...by the way, is there some kind of
> incentive, monetary or otherwise, that would make anyone try to become
> nationally certified? it sounds like a lot of work to do; just wondering
> since i don't know a lot of people working for one. could you pass along
> information on this regarding requirements, etc...? thanks and good luck
> to you.

---