RE: National Board of Professional Teaching Standards

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 14:15:34 PST

Well - I received 30 hours grad credit above my masters - Rank I - so a pay
increase there... and another 2 thousand -

My sister-in-law and her husband (in SC) will see there family income go up
$25,000 - count 'em - with the certification they received today ..... from
state and district incentives - it varies - you can check the incentives by
state, and the requirements on the web site NBPTS.org...

Ellen

> sorry to hear that you didn't pass...by the way, is there some kind of
> incentive, monetary or otherwise, that would make anyone try to become
> nationally certified? it sounds like a lot of work to do; just wondering
> since I don't know a lot of people working for one. could you pass along
> information on this regarding requirements, etc...? thanks and good luck
> to you.

---