RE: National Board of Professional Teaching Standards

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 08:46:52 PST

Please - anyone that is now an advanced candidate - congratulations for
undertaking the process -
and congrats to the successful ones -

now let me make you feel 100000000000000000000000000000000 times better -

I am NBC EA/YA art (99) - never taught high school, only have one middle
school class....
I was NOT successful as a recent candidate for the elementary art
certification (what I have taught for 20 + years) - just learned I missed it
by a few points -

I gambled... the entry I thought was weak - was... no surprise, but wouldn't
change what I did... but never in my wildest dreams would have thought that
I would not have done well on the Documented Accomplishments - weak on
community - can't do any more professionally - I mean - I really can't -
for crying out loud - I used a copy of my certificate for documentation on
an accomplishment.....

Everything was really okay, and better than okay (yeah, yeah, yeah.... "is
it good enough" - not the time to be catty......obviously not good enough)

You know in elementary art - we have a lot of company in advanced candidates
- one of the lowest success rates - Personally, I was just relieved that
the copy of the tape that I mailed on the day before the box was due that I
just happened to check and discover NO SOUND!!!! - did have sound on the
second copy.... hey - have to find something to be happy about!)

Bank on.....

Ellen

---